Pages

Friday 15 January 2021

How to save a document into a folder.

 This tutorial will show you how to save a document into a folder. 

Disclaimers:
All tutorials on my blog are my own. This is the way I do my tutorials. You may well do them differently. Any resemblance to another tutorial on the world wide web is purely coincidental.
Okay, with that out of the way, lets get going.

I am working in Paintshop pro 2020 for graphics. Word and Word pad everything else. My operating system is Windows 10.
If you right click on any graphic and choose the "open link in new tab" option, it will open up a large 'easier to view' image.
This tutorial [as are all of my tutorials] is very detailed with many graphics designed to help the absolute beginner.
I am going to save an already completed document into an already made and saved folder.  
Note: If you want to know how to make a document, that's in another lesson.


Let's go and save our document into our already prepared folder. If you don't know how to make a folder please  GO HERE  [Link opens in a new window] to follow the tutorial. Once done, just close off that window and you will be back here.

In the above picture, is my already written document ready to save. Let's walk through how to save yours.
Go over to your "file" command and left click on your mouse. See graphic below. 


Now you'll see something similar to what I have in the screen shot below.


Left click on the "save as" command. See black arrow above. 
Then when the new window opens [see screen shot below] left click on browse [see arrow]

As you can see in the image below, clicking on "browse" opens up a new small window. Left click on "this pc". Find your documents folder and left click on that.


When the next window opens you will have the view below. There's my folder that I made when we did the "make a folder and subfolders" tutorial


We're nearly done now. Well done for hanging in there.
Inside that I have 3 previously made subfolders. I'm going to choose the "Field service letters" folder as I'm saving a letter.  



Go ahead and open the folder you want. Name your document [see No.1] Click save [No.2]


 
And there you have it! 
How to save a document into a folder.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you did, be sure to spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.