Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2021

How to add a graphic to your convention letters/invites.

This tutorial will show you how to add a graphic to your letters or invites.

You can follow this tutorial for any invitation or letter you are designing, however, I am going to be using my 2021 convention invitation letters.

I use Microsoft word and word pad for designing my letters and Coral paint shop pro 2020 for graphics and screenshots. 

This tutorial - as all of my tutorials - assumes the reader is an absolute beginner. I am going to walk you through every step using words and screenshots. 

This is my finished letter.

Go ahead and open the letter you want to add the graphic to. 

If you want to add the powerful by faith heading as I have, the font I used is called, "Amasis MT Pro". If you don't have that one or don't like it, you can choose a font that you prefer. You can get free personal use fonts at 101freefonts.com 


Now we are going to insert the graphic you want to use. Go to your word or whatever programme you are using. Click on insert > Pictures > This device.
We're going to search for your graphic.


Now navigate to where you keep your graphics. You will need a PNG file, not a JPEG. a PNG file means the background is transparent so it can be placed on any colour paper. A JPEG means it's a solid picture with its own background.
When you locate the graphic you want to use, click on it and it will open in your letter/invite. See screenshots below.

With the graphic now open in your letter, click on the little box "insert behind text" then choose the "fix position on page" option. See the screenshot below.


Now grab the graphic at any corner to shrink it to the size you require and place it where you want it to be. 
I hope this tutorial was a help.
Enjoy doing your letters/invites.
Don't forget to visit jw.org  and get the link to the convention.

If you would like some free to use graphics I have added a few to the bottom of this tutorial. Just right click on any graphic and choose to save it in a folder. Remember where you put it though so you can find it easily when you want it.
If you need a tutorial about making folders and subfolders, click here.

Here are those graphics I promised you. These are my own graphics from 2008 when I was making digital scrapbooking kits. Click on any image below, then right-click and save as.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.